Veeam Availability Suite Enterprise for VMware
There are no product specifications.
Veeam Availability Suite Enterprise for VMware
(includes Backup & Replication Enterprise + Veeam ONE)
Veeam Availability Suite„ delivers Availability for the Always-On Enterprise„ by helping organizations meet todays service-level objectives enabling recovery of any IT service and related applications and data within seconds and minutes for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V environments.
Rapid recovery of what you want, the way you want it
Veeam Backup & Replication„ delivers lightning-fast, reliable restores at your fingertips for entire VMs, individual files and application items, giving you low recovery time objectives (RTOs) of <15 minutes.
- Restore entire VMs in minutes with Instant VM Recovery„
- Recover individual files effortlessly with Instant File-level Recovery
- Quickly and easily restore Microsoft Exchange items with Veeam Explorer„ for Microsoft Exchange
- Recover Active Directory objects, entire containers, OUs and user accounts with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory
- Restore entire SharePoint sites; return deleted items back into production with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint
- Fast transaction-level recovery and point-in-time restore of Oracle databases with Veeam Explorer for Oracle and SQL Server databases with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL Server
- Leverage HPE, NetApp, Dell EMC and NimbleNEW snapshots for recovery of single files or entire VMs from storage snapshots with Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots
- Cloud restore for any Veeam backup with Direct Restore to Microsoft AzureNEW
Data Loss Avoidance
Low RPOs and streamlined disaster recovery
Veeam Backup & Replication provides streamlined disaster recovery and simple, secure off-site backups, giving you the ability to achieve recovery point objectives (RPO) of <15 minutes.
- Create backups from any storage, plus ultra-fast backups from Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), NetApp, Dell EMC and NimbleNEW storage snapshots
- 2-in-1: backup and replication„: In addition to backups, maintain image-based replicas either on site for high-Availability or off site for disaster recovery, and simplify replica failover and failback with little to no business disruption
- Leverage fully-integrated cloud-based disaster recovery and fast and secure cloud backup with Veeam Cloud Connect
- Simplify the management of your backup storage with Scale-out Backup Repository„
- Get backups and replicas off site up to 50x faster with built-in WAN acceleration
- Meet compliance requirements and archiving policies with native tape support
- Back up directly from file-based (NFS) primary storage using Veeams proprietary NFS client with Direct NFS Access
- Shorten backup windows and reduce backup storage load and disk space consumption with Advanced ReFS IntegrationNEW
Guaranteed recovery of every file, application, or virtual server, any time
Veeam Backup & Replication automatically tests every vSphere and Hyper-V backup and replica, every time. Have confidence that your files, applications and virtual servers can be restored when needed.
- Verify the recoverability of every backup with SureBackup.
- Test every restore point in every VM replica automatically with SureReplica.
Using backup data to create an exact copy of your production environment
Veeam Backup & Replication mitigates the risks associated with application deployment by putting your backups and replicas to work in a production-like environment prior to any production rollout.
- Create a Virtual Lab without provisioning additional resources to run your applications from Veeam backups and replicas.
- Test or troubleshoot an application in one or more VMs from an On-Demand Sandbox„ without affecting production workloads.
- Create complete, isolated copies of production from storage snapshots with On-Demand Sandbox for Storage Snapshots.
Proactive monitoring and alerting of issues before operational impact
With Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam ONE„, you can take control over your entire backup and virtual environment. By utilizing all of the features and capabilities of Veeams backup and virtualization technology, you can discover and be alerted to issues before they affect your Always-On Business„. Ensure protection, performance and Availability with Veeam ONE through:
- 24x7 real-time monitoring and alerting: Notifies you of backup and performance issues
- Resource optimization and configuration tracking: Evaluate infrastructure performance and ensure existing configuration meets all known best practices
- Capacity planning and forecasting: Forecast resource usage and utilization trends with what if? modeling and resource overcommit tracking for your backup and virtual infrastructures
- And MORE included in the NEW Veeam ONE 9.5!
- Gain visibility into the Veeam backup infrastructure from inside Microsoft System Center, Kaseya VSA and LabTech.
- Get enterprise-level usability with a standalone console and Remote Office / Branch Office (ROBO) enhancements
- Scale your business with a distributed architecture and centralized management console.
- Leverage deep VMware integrations with vCloud Director support for self-service tenants and a vSphere Web Client Plug-in.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
We have had Veeam Availability Suite Enterprise for VMware for almost two years now, and it has been nothing but a joy to use. The interface is clean and simple, the recovery process is easy and fast, and the server-side client gives you more than enough tools to effectively manage your backups and endpoints. Even for bare metal restores, the process is very simple. In under an hour, your dead computer is completely restored, as if nothing ever happened. This does require some effort on your part though, as it is up to you to create the recovery media needed for bare-metal restores for each end user. However, once everything is set up, you generally don't have to worry about it. Another element of Veeam that sets them above the competition is their support. There is a cost to access their premium support, but it is well worth it. They are there when you need them, and are very knowledgeable about their product. They will get you up and running again very quickly. Overall, this product is outstanding, we will continue to use them for years to come. We are now looking into their offsite cloud solution to host our secondary backups as well, and I am sure that their quality will not falter even when hosting our data off-premise.
Setup is easy and you can set up to 48 points of replication, which is great for our time sensitive systems that process money. Getting a system back up and running when the original VM has failed is also easy, and makes everyone's life SO easy. We have several high up time servers that can't be down...ever. Veeam allows us to quickly and easily get our setup back up and running in the event of a catastrophe. We have had to use it twice in the 3.5 years I have been here, but not since we upgrades our back end. One thing we realized our first time was that we weren't setting enough replication points, which changed rather quickly once we realized this.
1. Ease of use - Compared to previous systems, Veeam Availability Suite Enterprise for VMware has the best GUI and it's easy to get comfortable with the product. Training new users on it is a breeze. 2. Speed - We are enjoying the backup speeds compared to similar products, and having it work so effortlessly makes it easy to schedule jobs. Having offsite replication set up using change block tracking saves a ton of bandwidth and gives more resiliency in the event of a disaster. WAN accelerators further speed up our replication jobs. Tape jobs can utilize one stream per drive for awesome speed as well. All of this combines into a platform that saves us a ton of time and resources that our previous solution did not.