MFR # E85-00086
Microsoft Windows Xp Professional Upgrade Key & Disc
Order before 3PM PT M - F for immediate processing
- Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
- Manufacturer Part Number E85-00086
- Manufacturer Website Address http://www.microsoft.com
- Brand Name Microsoft
- Product Type Operating System
- Software Name Windows XP Professional
- Platform Supported PC
- License Pricing Standard
- License Quantity 1 User
- Distribution Media/Method CD-ROM
Microsoft Windows Xp Upgrade Key & Professional Disc
- Builds on the strengths of Windows 2000 and NT, making it more powerful and stable than previous operating systems.
- Supports even more devices and technologies so that you can take advantage of the next generation of hardware devices.
- Runs hundreds of programs that didn't run on Windows 2000 and enables you to set up your system to run in compatibility mode even if a program isn't supported by by Windows XP.
- Windows Messenger the easy way to communicate with anyone in real time, users can choose text, voice, and video with excellent performance.
- Remote Desktop allows users to create a virtual session onto their desktop computer from any Windows 95 or later based-computer, giving them remote access to all of their data and applications.
- Wireless 802.1x Networking Support provides secured access, as well as performance improvements for wireless networks.
- Remote Assistance allows users to have a peer or IT Professional remotely control their PC to demonstrate a process or help solve a problem.
- Policy-Based Desktop Management (IntelliMirror Technology) allows group policies and roaming user profiles, simplifying desktop and user management when using a Windows 2000 Server infrastructure.
- Multi-Language Support allows users to easily create, read, and edit documents in many different languages. Internet Explorer 6 includes many new and enhanced features that simplify tasks, increase reliability, and help maintain the privacy of personal information on the Web.
- Encrypting File System provides the highest level of protection from hackers and data theft by transparently encrypting files with a randomly generated key.
- User State Migration Tool can migrate a users data and application/operating settings from their old to their new desktop.
- New Task-Based Visual Design helps users navigate more easily by exposing the most common tasks through a cleaner and new visual cues.
- What's New: There are hundreds of compelling reasons to get Windows XP Professional-these are just the top 10.
- Wireless Networking Support: Zero configuration allows users to easily and automatically connect to a wireless network either at work, at home or in public "hotspots." Also, Windows XP is the first operating system to use 802.1x security technology as an added measure to help protect your information.
- Advanced Performance / Multitasking: Means that users can run their most demanding applications while still experiencing impressive system response times. And multiple applications can run simulataneously, with efficiency and stability. Plus, with Windows XP your laptop can enter Standby or Hibernation faster, and it can start working again faster after resuming from Standby or Hibernation.
- Windows Messenger: The easy way to instantly communicate and collaborate with colleagues and support professionals. You can constantly stay updated with your contacts'online status and choose to communicate with them through text, voice, or video with better quality than ever before.
- Remote Desktop: Allows you to remotely access your desktop computer from another computer running Windows 95 or later, giving you access to all of your data and applications even when you're not in your office.
- Remote Assistance: Allows you to have a friend or IT professional remotely control your computer to demonstrate a process or help solve a problem.
- Task-based Visual Design: Allows you to get to your most commonly used tasks quickly, thanks to a cleaner design and new visual cues.
- Business Level Reliability: Provides a foundation users can count on to keep systems up and running when they're needed most. Built on the proven Windows 2000 operating system, Windows XP is not only more reliable, but it also offers features that make it much faster and easier to recover from system problems. Improved Features:
- System Restore: Enables users and administrators to restore a computer to a previous state. System Restore automatically creates easily identifiable restore points, which allow you to restore the system to a previous time.
- Encrypting File System: Helps provide a high level of protection from hackers and data theft by transparently encrypting files with a randomly generated key.
- Advanced laptop support: With advanaced laptop support you get as much work done on the road as you would in the office, in addition to remote access to all the data and applications on your office computer. Windows XP Professional enhances the breakthrough technology that was introduced to extend battery life in Windows 2000. Benefits:
- All the features of Windows XP Home Edition, including a new visual design and reliable foundation; complete digital media support; tools for instant messaging, voice and video conferencing, and application sharing; and the ability to recover from problems and get help and support when you need it.
- Premier mobile support for the ability to work offline or access your computer remotely.
- Greater security, including the ability to encrypt your files and folders.
- Built-in support for high-performance systems.
- Integration with Microsoft Windows Servers and management solutions.
- To use Microsoft® Windows XP you need: Computer/Processor:
- PC with 300 MHz or higher processor clock speed recommended; 233 MHz minimum required (single or dual processor system);* Intel Pentium/Celeron family, or AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended Memory:
- 128 MB of RAM or higher recommended (64 MB minimum supported; may limit performance and some features) Hard Disk:
- Minimum: 1.5 GB of available hard disk space
- Actual requirements will vary based on your system configuration and the applications and features you choose to install. Additional available hard-disk space may be required if you are installing over a network. For more information, please see www.microsoft.com/windowsxp. Drive:
- CD-ROM or DVD drive Display:
- This Upgrade version is for owners of Windows 98/Windows 98 Second Edition; Windows Me; NT 4.0; Windows 2000 Professional; & Windows XP Home Edition
- Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution video adapter and monitor
- For DVD video playback: DVD drive and DVD decoder card or DVD decoder software & 8 MB of video RAM
- For Windows Movie Maker: Video capture feature requires appropriate digital or analog video capture device & 400 MHz or higher processor for digital video camera capture Peripherals:
- Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
- Note To ensure that your applications and hardware are Windows XP-ready, please check www.microsoft.com/windows/catalog/. Miscellaneous:
- For Internet access: Some Internet functionality may require Internet access, a Microsoft .NET Passport account, and payment of a separate fee to a service provider; local and/or long-distance telephone toll charges may apply; 14.4 Kbps or higher-speed modem
- For networking: Network adapter appropriate for the type of local-area, wide-area, wireless, or home network you wish to connect to, and access to an appropriate network infrastructure; access to third-party networks may require additional charges
- For instant messaging, voice and video conferencing, and application sharing, both parties need: Microsoft .NET Passport account and Internet access or Exchange 2000 Server instant messaging account and network access (some configurations may require download of additional components)
- For voice and video conferencing, both parties also need: 33.6 Kbps or higher-speed modem, or a network connection; Microphone and sound card with speakers or headset Addtional system Requirements (Miscellaneous section):
- For video conferencing, both parties also need: Video conferencing camera; Windows XP
- For application sharing, both parties also need: 33.6 Kbps or higher-speed modem, or a network connection; Windows XP
- For remote assistance: Both parties must be running Windows XP and be connected by a network
- For remote desktop: Windows 95 or later-based computer, and the two machines must be connected by a network
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.