Microsoft Project 2010 Professional Academic License
- Installation Method: Digital Download
- Estimated Delivery Time: 30 Minutes
- Users Supported: 1 User
- Devices Supported: 1 Device
- Installations Supported: 1 Installation
- License Type: Perpetual
- License Term: Indefinite
- Licensed Use: Licensed for Personal Use
- Brand: Microsoft
- Manufacturer Part Number: H30-03319
- GTIN: 885370147131
- Platform Supported: Windows
- Operating Systems Supported: Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 R2
- Minimum Hard Drive Space: 3 GB
- Minimum Memory: 512 MB
- Minimum Processor Speed: 500 MHz
Project 2010 Professional 32/64-bit
Microsoft Project 2010 is professional grade project management made simple! Shared resource pools, project timelines, progress management, and plan development are just a few of the many features available in Project 2010 Professional.
Microsoft Project 2010 Professional Academic License represents a great way for business owners and project managers to get the benefits of this very popular project management software at cost savings. Microsoft has produced many software titles in academic versions for students to keep costs down. Academic license software has the same functionality of non-academic versions. The main difference between the two is the academic licenses have an expiration date. Changes to Project 2010 software from previous versions include the Ribbon tab interface to find and use the software features and controls. This software also allows users to zoom in and out quickly to change the perspective of timelines and schedules and was the first to incorporate Microsoft Backstage as a way to access tools, templates, and program options. Most versions allow users to save files to SharePoint but the 2010 Professional version also lets product managers and team members to create projects from a SharePoint task list.
Microsoft Fluent User Interface
- Work more efficiently with the simple and intuitive Microsoft Fluent user interface new graphical menus and a familiar experience provides the tools you need to plan and manage your project.
- Task-oriented tabs and contextual menu groupings reveal powerful features, making it easier to get started and realize results.
- Learn about features and rich formatting controls quickly with descriptive tooltips and drop-down galleries.
- Simply be more productive by choosing your own menu options, quick access toolbar settings and setting defaults.
- Save to XPS or PDF. Quickly share print, and publish project information from one location using the new Microsoft Office Backstage view.
Excel-Like Flexibility & Ease
- Enhanced copy and paste makes it easy to share information effectively with other Microsoft Office applications while retaining formatting.
- Add columns dynamically by entering data without having to first select the data type.
- Simplify data entry with auto-complete which displays a list of previously used values to select from.
- Automatic text wrap eliminates extra formatting steps by adjusting row height to display full task names.
- Quickly mine data and analyze results with easy access filtering for all columns.
- Create emphasis with rich color options and text formatting to express ideas and solve problems in new ways.
- Gain flexibility with user-controlled scheduling manually schedule tasks with the information you have right now or choose to automatically schedule tasks with calculated dates and durations.
- Be alerted to potential scheduling concerns with squiggly lines and choose how to manage potential problems.
- Gain insight with the Task Inspector to recognize issues and take action early solving problems before they occur.
- Support rolling wave planning and easily create high-level forecasts using manually scheduled top down summary tasks.
- Simply create the ultimate graphical timeline to express your schedule and plan.
- It's easier to see and share drill into details and visually recognize differences with a clear view of tasks, milestones, and phases.
- Reach your audience with new impact by quickly copying the timeline into an email, presentation, or any other document with formatting retained.
- Visualize the right mix of resources and assignments with a simple and intuitive resource view.
- Simply drag-and-drop to effectively plan tasks and optimize resources for your entire team and project.
- Quickly identify unassigned or unscheduled tasks to proactively solve problems.
- Simply hover over tasks to instantly view task-level details to plan with ease.
- Be visually alerted to potential problems, choose to manually level resources as you work.
- Automatically level over allocated resources on a task-by-task basis using Task Inspector to instantly resolve problems.
- Enhance team collaboration by sharing information more efficientlysimply save, print or publish in one easy-to-manage Microsoft Office Backstage view.
- Convert Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 task lists to realize project schedules.
- Publish your project plans to SharePoint Foundation 2010 task list
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
The project scheduling engine, including the ability to assign personnel at a summary or extremely granular detail, provide powerful insights into deliverable dates, forecasted slippage, forecasted personnel needs, and forecasted costs and cash flow. Administrators / power users find the system to be very customizable and expandable. Some organizations use Project Server to simply provide a centralized view of all projects and timelines in their portfolio, and others use it to get a handle on personnel utilization and see over allocations. Project delays caused by personnel scheduling conflicts are highlighted, and future demand on personnel roles can help managers make hiring decisions. Strategically, senior managers and executives can centrally review, evaluate, select, and prioritize projects to make the best use of limited project funds.
Microsoft Project 2010 Professional Academic License is a great tool for most organisations as it is used in conjunction with a family Office product, Microsoft Project. Project allows organisations to manage their portfolio of projects using familiar tools. Each project has the ability to have a Project Site that can also be used for documents and standard RAID logs. Project Server also allows team members to submit timesheets for approval that can also feed back into the plan.
I enjoy the ease of use and adding as many variables as possible. Entering date ranges are very helpful in creating a timeline. We are trying to show project timelines, what holds up a project and what makes the project spearhead faster. Gathering this data is very important for current projects and even more so when starting new building plans. I recently graduated and began my career in project management. Although my experience working with Microsoft software is extensive, my interaction with project server was minimal. Despite this, it has been incredibly easy for me to learn in a short period of time. The ease of use of Microsoft Project 2010 Professional Academic License is wonderful.