Microsoft Exchange Enterprise 2016 Open License
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 Standard
- Installation Method: Digital Download
- Estimated Delivery Time: 3 - 5 Business Days
- Users Supported: 1 User
- Devices Supported: 1 Device
- Installations Supported: 1 Installation
- License Type: Perpetual
- License Term: Indefinite
- Licensed Use: Licensed for Home and Commercial Use
- Brand: Microsoft
- Manufacturer Part Number: 395-04540
- Platform Supported: Windows
- Operating Systems Supported: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7
- Minimum Hard Drive Space: 1.2 GB
- Minimum Memory: 2 GB
- Minimum Processor Speed: 300 MHz
Microsoft Exchange 2016 Enterprise
Popular email and calendaring software
Microsoft Exchange 2016 is the latest version of this popular email and calendaring software and includes many features to make productivity a safe and secure endeavor.
Exchange 2016 Enterprise powers the latest Outlook. Exchange 2016 Enterprise can be used on mobile phones, tablets, desktops and the web.
The Mailbox server
Mailbox services include all the traditional server components found in the Exchange 2013 Mailbox server role:
- Client Access protocols
- Transport service
- Mailbox databases
- Unified Messaging
Edge Transport server roles
- Edge Transport server role adds additional layers of message protection and security against viruses and spam
- It can apply transport rules to control message flow
- It helps to minimize the attack surface of your Exchange deployment.
This Enterprise version expands on the features found in the standard version, most notably with the ability to scale to 100 mounted databases per server.
Data loss prevention
Exchange 2016 includes data loss prevention with more sensitive information types as well as enhanced auditing for better reporting and easier integration with third-party apps.
Enhanced auditing is also available for better reporting and easier integration with third-party apps.
The limits of databases
Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 is available in two server editions: Standard Edition and Enterprise Edition.
|Standard Edition||Standard Edition is limited to 5 mounted databases per server.|
|Enterprise Edition||Enterprise Edition can scale to 100 mounted databases per server.|
A mounted database
A mounted database is a database that is in use. A mounted database can be an active mailbox database that is mounted for use by clients, or a passive mailbox database that is mounted in recovery for log replication and replay. While you can create more databases than the limits described above, you can only mount the maximum number specified above.The recovery database does not count towards this limit.
These licensing editions are defined by a product key. When you enter a valid license product key, the supported edition for the server is established.
Product keys can be used for the same edition key swaps and upgrades only. They can't be used for downgrades.
- You can use a valid product key to move from the evaluation version (Trial Edition) of Exchange 2016 to either Standard Edition or Enterprise Edition.
- You can also use a valid product key to move from Standard Edition to Enterprise Edition.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.