Filecenter Standard 9
There are no product specifications.
Filecenter Standard 9
FileCenter Standard 9 helps you scan, organize, find, and edit computer files ... fast and easy. Whether for use in the home or office, FileCenter makes scanning more efficient and file organization more intuitive.
Discover the PDF Scanning and File Organization Software Users Rave About
We have one goal: to make time-sapping tasks like PDF scanning, PDF editing, and file organization as fast, efficient, and pain-free as possible.
The biggest speed bump to the paperless office has always been document scanning ... until now. Use FileCenter to move paper to fully searchable PDF in just a mouse click. Move documents, letters, receipts, and business cards to your PC as fast as your scanner can pull them through. All of the tedious tasks, like OCR and indexing to make your scans searchable, happen automatically behind the scenes.
Use FileCenter's file organization to manage scans and PC files in a way that makes sense – electronic file cabinets. Bring all of your existing files into FileCenter instantly – no messy imports, no conversions. Then enjoy thoughtful file organization features to speed up the way you work, like suggested file names and reusable folder layouts. Prefer doing things the Windows way? Not a problem. FileCenter includes an Explorer view and ways to see just "slices" of your file system for quicker access. Sometimes the quickest way to a file is through a search. With the built-in search interface, you'll pull up files as fast as you can type.
PDF has become the standard for sharing and archiving files. That's why FileCenter fully embraces PDF and bends over backwards to make PDF editing easy for any user. If you need to add notes, stamps, or highlights to a PDF, fill out PDF forms, or digitally sign a PDF, you'll do it without leaving the program. That's convenience.
FileCenter electronic file cabinets
Electronic file cabinets are a structured, quick-access way of storing files. They work just like regular filing cabinets. There's a row of drawers, and each drawer holds its own folders and files. There's no limit to the number of drawers, folders, or files. And there's no limit to the number of cabinets you can have. The advantage of a cabinet approach is that you can get to a location very quickly – often with just a couple of mouse clicks. Cabinets also let you focus on one set of files at a time, reducing visual clutter, and they enforce more structured file organization. Good file organization is critical to an efficient paperless office.
FileCenter stores all files in their native format. This means, for example, that you can save your Word documents directly into FileCenter as Word documents and then retrieve them from FileCenter back into Word. This is a very important point. Many document management programs store your documents as uneditable images in a proprietary format. The danger of a proprietary format is that customers who buy those products become locked into them in perpetuity. FileCenter's philosophy is to keep users happy with a quality product and not with gimmicks and traps. If at any time you stop using FileCenter, you will be able to access all of your files through standard Windows browsing techniques and open all of your files in their native applications with no additional software or file conversions.
FileCenter Standard 9 New Features & Enhancements
- Fully Compatible with Windows 10 - Fully tested and optimized for Windows 10. Runs equally well on either 32-bit or 64-bit editions of Windows 10.
- Back/Forward Navigation - Right above the list of files in Manage view, you'll see a couple of green arrows. Use these to jump back and forth between places where you've been.
- Windows Preview Engine - FileCenter Standard users will now get some improved previews through the Windows preview engine, the same previewer used in Windows Explorer.
- Customizable Date Formats - The date formats that you use in Naming Options are now customizable.
- Date Shifting - If you have naming options that use the current date, you can now shift the date at the time of saving.
- Insert a Date - Custom lists have a new item: Date. Use this to drop a date into the filename as you build it
- Import/Export Settings - You can now export all of your settings to file, either to back them up or to clone your setup on another computer.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.