Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella announces Microsoft 365, a new software subscription service that combines Office 365 and Windows 10 into one package.
As the workplace landscape changes, so do the needs of businesses looking to succeed in their respective industries. Microsoft has introduced many effective tools for businesses to utilize in scaling their operations, and it was only natural for software tools like Office 365 and Windows 10 would evolve together to form something new and more robust. Enter Microsoft 365, a set of new software suites designed to meet the growing demands of growing businesses from the small startup to the large corporation.
Microsoft 365 was created at the behest of Microsoft enterprise product users looking to empower their employees with better tools for bolstered creativity, ingenuity, and innovation. The modern workplace has become a hub for current and emerging technologies and allows for greater collaboration and connectivity between team members. Microsoft has recognized the fleeting need of modern companies for increased security for data, expanded data storage, and accessibility of data using the cloud, and the idea for Microsoft 365 was born.
Essentially, Microsoft 365 combines the best parts of Office 365 and Windows 10 to create a new platform from which companies can forge their brands and take them to new heights. Two versions of the new software suite will be offered:Microsoft 365 Enterprise - This version of Microsoft 365 combines Office 365 Enterprise, Windows 10 Enterprise, and Enterprise Mobility + Security, and is primarily geared towards larger, enterprise-level businesses. Two versions will be offered with a small difference in capabilities; these versions include Microsoft 365 E3 and Microsoft 365 E5. Some of the Enterprise level perks include the following:
- Utilize machine learning and AI-enabled tools that allow employees to be more creative through inking with a stylus, voice commands, and touchscreen computing
- A large array of apps for teams to collaborate and communicate on projects
- Unifying IT management efforts across users, apps, devices, and services
- Intelligent security measures protect all forms of customer data
- Connects employees with customers and suppliers with Microsoft 365
- Encourages work to be done on any device from any location
- Constant security for company data
- All devices are managed from a single IT hub console
- Microsoft Connections - new email marketing service app
- Microsoft Listings - new method of publishing company information on leading sites
- Microsoft Invoicing - new method of creating professional-looking invoices
Tech Supply Shop will be offering the new Microsoft 365 variants when they become available.Source: Tech Supply Shop Blog